· Work directly with customers to determine their research requirements and provide solution-based technical consultation
· Establish and maintain communication and relationships with customers
· The complete sales cycle, including lead generation, product presentation, technical demonstration, sale and purchase, after sales support and services
· Compile sales forecasts as well as provide feedback to management on market conditions, emerging market areas and applications, and customer needs for new instrumentation.
· Responsible for achieving business objectives – sales targets
· Implement business plans and programs
· Understand customer needs, gain customer feedback and improve customer satisfaction
· Work with marketing to investigate SPM/AFM and other nanotechnology measurement markets
Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated
· University degree (advanced degree preferred) in the area of physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, material science, polymers, and/or bioscience. A combination of relevant education and work experience may be considered.
· The ideal candidate will have experience in AFM instrumentation and applications.
· At least 4 years experience in field selling, preferably in Academic Research.
· Must have excellent spoken and written communication skills, fluent in Chinese (Mandarin). Fluency in English is desirable.
· Good communication, teamwork, and relationship building skills
· Travel ~ >50%