The HR Manager functions as the HR Business Partner to align HR objectives with strategic organization objectives. Works closely and guides management in various areas such as employee relations, leadership development, change management, performance management, diversity and inclusion initiatives, conflict management, legal compliance, etc.
Relevant Talent Framework attached:
• Works collaboratively to improve business results and meet objectives
• Provides coaching and shares expertise on leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, change management, resources planning, compensation and benefits, organization and talent, etc.
• Builds strong relations with managers in the business. Coach people managers to effectively manage teams and individuals.
• Formulates and develop general policies and procedures. Manage and perform various functions of the department including recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee relations and training.
• Challenge and direct teams to apply values to day to day actions and decisions.
• Recommend and review personnel actions including salary actions, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions etc. Manage the uniform application of policies and procedures and the application of disciplinary actions.
• Lead the communication plan at site utilizing a multi prong approach to meet the needs of the employees.
• Undertake HR projects as required.
• Define annual operating plans and budgets for the HR function and an annual HR plan for the business.
• Participate in business decision making as part of the management team.
• Report relevant HR metrics and other HR management information.
• Monitor and control the operational and financial performance of the HR function.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards, compensation, benefits, Affirmative Action, employment law, and diversity/inclusion.
• Contribute as well as implement with OI HR colleagues and senior management in order to achieve group-wide HR objectives such as consistent policy, key staff succession and development and the implementation of group-level HR policies such as those relating to bonus schemes, insured benefits and wellness activities and pensions.
• Work closely with BU HR/Regional HR on meeting Group project targets and people processes throughout the year.
• Other duties as necessary.
Indicative Performance Measures
• Timely fulfilment of staffing requirements.
• Quality, development, satisfaction and productivity of staff.
• Statutory and contractual compliance in employment matters.
• Efficiency of HR administration and reporting.
• Development of management teams .
Person Specification – Essential requirements unless stated
Education / Qualifications
• Degree in business or related field. Masters degree in HR or related discipline preferred.
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
• Is an accomplished practitioner in his or her field, able to use a range of professional tools and techniques
• Uses up to date knowledge of best practice for the benefit of the business.
• High degree of capability and comfort working with data and statistics, and using same to inform decisions and make recommendations.
• Training and Development expertise
• An ability to understand and manage within a technological and business environment.
• Can influence at Senior Management level.
• Clear about what they can bring and validity of experience